Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Updating With New Cabinet Knobs and Pulls


Since I am unable to do a whole kitchen redo, but still want to give it a fresh new look, I decided to update the cabinet hardware. The existing hardware was tarnished and dirty. I tried cleaning and polishing it, but that just resulted in taking off more of the finish. So, I figured changing the cabinet pulls and knobs would give my kitchen a more uniform and modern look. I chose cabinet knobs and pulls from Schaub & Company with nickel finish and distressed copper accents, which really lights up my honey-colored cabinets. Nickel finishes are very popular these days, and the knobs and pulls blend nicely with my kitchen faucet. What's more, you don't need a contractor to do it. All you need to do is unscrew the old ones and attach the new ones. Depending on how many knobs and pulls you have, you could probably finish in an afternoon.

No comments: