Friday, November 21, 2008

Santa Fe Trunk

Our bedroom has limited storage other than our clothes closets, so I have had to be creative when storing things like linens and towels. I have always wanted a trunk for the end of our bed but I never found the right one. Visions of antique steamer trunks filled my head, but the ones I found were either too deteriorated or way out of my price range. This Santa Fe Trunk from Covington is made of Brazilian pine with traditional styling and vintage hardware, so it's got the look of something antique but will stand the test of time and maybe even become an heirloom that gets passed down through the generations. What's neat about this trunk is that it can be used anywhere. If I get tired of it in the bedroom, I can move it to the family room or living room and use it as a coffee table, or I can put it in the hallway and use for storing winter or summer gear.

No comments: