Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Hand-Painted Bathroom Vanity


A master bath redo is in our not-too-distant future. We plan to remove the jacuzzi tub, which leaks into my closet -- no tub is worth the ruination of clothes and accessories -- and replace it with a two-person shower. I really like the soft pink, cream and sand shades that are already in there, so I think I'll keep the color scheme as it is. The existing bathroom vanity is old, yellowed and so very staid. Ho-hum. The distressed wood and hand-painted design of this Flora bath vanity from Empire give it an heirloom quality, and I love old things. I especially love the roses, since they remind me of the bedroom set I had as a child. A variety of granite and marble tops are available, so I can match it to whatever tile I choose for the shower. With two cabinet doors and two drawers, I can store towels, cosmetics and often-used items. I can also use my own sink, or purchase the vanity with a sink.

No comments: