Thursday, March 5, 2009

Game Table

We always had a collection of games at home, including a chess set. I've always wanted to learn how to play, but somehow I never did. My parents were avid card players, especially bridge. They would invite all their friends over for an evening of cards every so often and the house would be filled with laughter and yummy food. So the idea of games was a constant one in my growing-up years. A game table adds an element of fun to a living room or den, but also creates a great little area for conversation. The Wood Game Table from Butler Specialty Company reminds me of a chess table you might find in the library of a great estate. The chess and checkers board folds out from the top, and there is a drawer for the checkers and hand-carved chess pieces that are included. This game table also makes a great accent table with a star design on top and carved details. I do like the idea of a game table. I think it brings us back to a simpler time.

No comments: